Friday, June 10, 2016

Shrek the Musical

[Media Review]

The 3 kiddos are fans of the Shrek movies and of course, knew the storyline by heart now. Missing the musical was a definite no-no for the kiddos and thus despite the fact that I was unable to make it for the show, my wife went with the 3 kiddos with my sis-in-law in toll. So conveniently she happened to blog (http://yibaifen.blogspot.sg/) as well and I had her guest blog for us as follows -


The Musical 

Spoiler Alert..? Haha, I try not to reveal too much!

It''s pretty amazing to see the characters coming alive and dancing / singing right before our very eyes. I may be in my thirties but I guess there's always a little kid within every adult. Especially me, heh!

Just before the show started, Leroy actually asked me to swap seats with him because he felt that I had a better view! Eh.. I was just sitting right beside him though.. Haha, faint!

The kids were really captivated and surprisingly, they were so quiet throughout the show.. Except to ask me for water at times! I actually checked on them a few times, thinking they might have dozed off! (Whoa! Are they really the same kids who keep asking me random questions nonstop whenever we watch movies??)

When we were having a short break, Stacci asked me when's Shrek and Fiona going to get married. Haha! And during Fiona's (unsuccessful) wedding with Lord Farquaad, Steffi pointed to the setting (fake) sun and whispered to me, "Ah Mai, you see! The sun is going down! She's going to turn into ogre!"

Backdrops and Props 

Magic??

It did feel like magic! One moment they were in the swamp.. The next moment they could be in the forest.. Or even in the church or castle! Amazed at how fast those were changed and yet still looked so beautiful and magical! Love how they combined projected moving graphics with real life props to create a more realistic yet fantasy-ish feel!

Super love the castle where Fiona stayed! (Suddenly feeling like a small girl again, reliving my old princessy fantasies!)

The Finale

Not gonna be a spoiler here but do stay in your seats for the finale song! You won't regret it!!!

It was a fun night for us adults and the kids indeed!

But I must say, it was also pretty torturous for me.. So many cute characters, so many beautiful backdrops and props.. BUT YET I COULDN'T TAKE PHOTOS / VIDEOS!!

Check out her raving of the theatre here - http://yibaifen.blogspot.sg/2016/06/shrek-musical.html


Useful Information

Performance Times:
Wednesday - Friday 7:30pm
Saturday: 2:00pm and 7:30pm
Sunday: 1:00pm and 6:00pm

Ticket Bookings:
Internet - www.MarinaBaySands.com/ticketing or www.sistic.com.sg
Phone - +65 6688 8826
In Person - Marina Bay Sands Box Offices (Museum, Theatres, SkyPark, Retail Mall and Hotel Tower 1 Lobby). For more information please log onto - www.MarinaBaySands.com/ticketing

Thank you BASE Entertainment for having the family at the musical! 

No comments :

Post a Comment