Monday, October 5, 2020

Full HD Pan & Tilt Pro Wi-Fi Camera: D-Link DCS8526LH

D-Link had launched 2 new WiFi cameras not too long ago, one outdoor model (DCS-8630LH) and the other is the indoor model (DCS8526LH), which is the one I am reviewing right now, having used it for a couple of weeks now.


Ok, I have to be very very honest with all of you, and that is that I do not have in-depth technical knowledge. So while I can tell you that this camera boasts full HD at 1080p at 30 frames per second, I can only tell you that the footage looks really clear and allows me to zoom in without losing details. Let me tell you what I love about the camera! First thing first, I love that it comes with 2 different adapter heads (3-pin or 2-pin) that you can fix depending on your power socket. Hee hee... no need to stick in a pen or screwdriver already.


As an existing user of mydlink App, adding a new camera for this noob is as easy as it can be. All I needed was to select "Add Device" from the side menu, scan the QR code on my new DCS8526LH and follow the instructions to link the device to my home WiFi. One point to note is that one has to ensure that one is logged into the same WiFi for the successful linking. 


Once linked, I am able to control the various settings for the device. I can pan and tilt the angle, set detections and even set it to Privacy mode, which is good especially if the camera is set in the bedroom and that there may be times you want the camera off. 

Sometimes when I cannot get the kiddos on the phone, I can even turn on the Mic and speak to them directly. Actually more to scold them for not answering lah. Sometimes I do receive notifications in the middle of the night on movement detected but when I check my mobile and see no one around even when I pinch to zoom into night vision footage, it can be kinda scary. 



So here's one tip, please set your motion and sound detection to a suitable sensitivity level depending on where you place the camera lest you keep getting false alarms! You can also set designated contact so that you can do a quick deal when the notification is triggered.



This is not the first pan-tilt Wi-Fi camera we have tried, with the first being it's predecessor, the DCS-8525LH which is still working great by the way. But this latest model sure looks sleeker without the antenna, and also requires a smaller footprint. I am loving all my D-Link Wi-Fi camera and had been using my first camera DCS-960L for over 4 years now! 

Thank you D-Link Singapore for sending over this awesome new camera for review. I know we will be using it for a very long time.

No comments :

Post a Comment