Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Reviewing Origin Superior Coolmax® Latex Pillow

One of the most irritating type of body pain for me, has to be stiff neck from a bad sleeping posture the night before. It takes a long time to resolve on its own and not being able to turn one's neck is really meh. It happened quite frequently in the past because I simply loved my super soft overused pillow, which offered next-to-nothing neck support!

Our early Christmas presents? 

For the record, I do not really like those so-called orthopedic pillows as I tend to feel that they are too 'thick' for my comfort, given my penchant for really soft ones. Worst still, sometimes they can also feel quite warm after use lor. There are so many type of pillows out in the market that it fazes me. Thanks to Best in Singapore, we got to try out Origin Superior Coolmax® Latex Pillow for ourselves recently. BTW, you can also check out their post on The Best 8 Pillows in Singapore for reference on pillow selection. 

Our new Origin Superior Coolmax® Latex Pillow 

It took merely hours from the ordering of my pillows to the actual delivery and you will be happy to know that delivery is free! Now that we had used the pillow for a while, let me share with you my thoughts! It came in a nice box that would be perfect to be gift wrapped as a Christmas present too. So the pillow was supposed to be cooling, with it's cool gel etc but I did not experience much of that effect which I attributed it to the fact that we sleep in an air-conditioned room. 

Realized that it came with a removable pillow cover only days after using. Duh!

It was only days after using the pillow that I realized it came with a removable Tencel fabric pillow cover. We actually fitted the pillow over with another pillow case and that was the reason why it didn't feel as cool as it should have! But with our extra cover removed, one can really feel the cooling property of the latex pillow now, even though the white cover also meant that it can be easily stained. Thankfully the fabric pillow cover is machine washable lah.

Stacci is loving it alright!

I am of the opinion that the pillows offered reasonable support without the feeling of too much hardness, and it made me wonder how my dad can actually sleep on those hard wooden pillows! Stacci loves it the most and practically kept one aside for her daily personal use. The pillow performed its job of providing a cooling restful sleep for me as well. My only qualm is that at $159, it is not exactly cheap for our family lah but it is going at a discounted price of $129 on Origin Mattress website now though.

No comments :

Post a Comment