Thursday, December 6, 2018

Durians Delivered Fresh

[Media Drop]

My family loves durians and I can still recall the durian parties back when we were still staying together in our 2-room rental flat. My brothers would come home with whole durians in those big and thick brown paper bags. Spreading newspapers and sitting in a circle on the floor, we will start opening them up and eating them there and then. With different cultivars in one bag, it was always a surprise for the taste buds with seeds from different fruits.

Even the box is so cute lor!

These days, the only times I would buy durians, would be when I happen to pass by some fruit stores after work and see these king of fruits. But I am price-sensitive and would always buy those already opened and packed in styrofoam boxes, and often discounted. To be absolutely honest, I know nuts about picking the best and would simply ask the store peeps to help me. And well, not all are entirely honest as I had my fair share of "green potatoes" and watery mess when I them up upon reaching home. As they always say, 一分钱一分货 and it is true for durians also lah!


Anyway, with everything going e-commerce these days, the craving for durians need not be satisfied with the need to yell and get your better half out of the house to get you some. Fresh juicy durians are just an email or phone call away. Not every one is a durian lover, but I dare say we do have big percentage of residents loving it. Durian Nation would sound quite apt for local company dealing with these fruits and it is also the one whom send us some to try!


Do they not look so delicious?

More meat, less seed!

The only kiddo who eats durians with gusto!

Even Starri cannot resist! 

The premium Mao Shan Wang came beautifully packed in two separate vacuum-sealed boxes house in a pretty cardboard carrier box. Even my mother-in-law cannot resist but took a photo with the kiddos and the box and posted it up on her Facebook, even though she just popped by and was in her pajamas!

Grabbed this off my MIL's FB account!

There were no finger depressions that one may find in those cling wrapped styrofoam boxes. Each seed was prefect and just the look of it would entice anyone to sink his or her teeth into the welcoming creamy flesh. Steffi cannot wait, and demanded that I opened the box up so that she can tuck into the fruits! I had my share too and yes, they were really delicious. Check them out here for great durians at same day delivery! 

No comments :

Post a Comment