Sunday, January 24, 2021

Breathe Carefree, With Airfree!

I speak for myself here ok? I usually do not bother about things that I cannot see, until consequences happen. And the classic example these days would have to be viruses in this Covid period. Who would have been this concerned about viruses or bacteria in the air (or anywhere for that matter) back then? Who would be disinfecting one's hands as often as we do now? Not me for sure. And lest you feel all safe and secure at home, just for your info, studies had shown that the indoor air pollutants can be many times worst than outdoor levels! 


One thing that would definitely help in improving the indoor air quality, would have to be air purifiers. Air purifiers in my mind, would be a device with built-in fan, that come with filters to trap air particulates. Or should I say, just a fan with filter. But the air purifier by Airfree that we were recently introduced to, is absolutely filter-less, much to my delight! This meant there will be no need for any costly filter replacements in the future just to keep the equipment running optimally! It doesn't even have a fan lor, so no fear of parts breaking down or moving parts slowing down due to trapped dust.


My first feel when I unboxed the air purifier was that it looked rather futuristic with its pod-like shape and it was really lightweight. The model I got was the P150 meant for rooms up to 60m2 (such as living rooms) which I intended to use for my upsized master bedroom. It was plug and play with no need for any fixing up whatsoever and it does not even have any physical button. I simply turn on the power socket and it started working right away. The only thing which I can control if I wanted to, was the intensity of the blue light through a touch sensor button in front.


So how this machine works is via Thermodynamic TSS Technology, which simply means that air is heated up to 200℃ with 99.99% airborne microorganisms killed or deactivated, just like how we boil water before drinking. It works on bacteria, viruses, mould and organic allergens, through air convection without the use of any fan. Hot air rises and cool air rushes in from the bottom. The unit does feel quite hot on the top after a couple of hours, so one must take care to place it out of reach from young children. 


I had been using the air purifier for the past 2 weeks and I am damn honest one lah. I do not know if it was just my imagination or not, but I do feel that the room smells fresher these days. However, that is the only noticeable difference for me, as I do not have any validation of its efficacy. At the back of my mind, I also wonder how long the air purifying of a room would take, as I would guess it would be quite hard to "pull" allergens from one end of the room to the other where my purifier is located especially without a fan?


So how? Should you buy or not? My take on this is that if you suffer from any form of allergies to airborne particulates etc or if you want added protection from airborne viruses or bacteria for the whole family, this machine would serve as a good insurance. I am personally quite sold by the company especially by the impressive numbers of tests done by independent laboratories that you can find here. After all, it is just a one-time cost of the machine that comes with a 2-year warranty as well and you would feel good knowing that you are doing something to protect the family 24/7, even in your own home. Shop here now. 


Disclaimer: We were provided with a review set. No monetary compensation was received and all views were ours of course. 

No comments :

Post a Comment