Monday, April 13, 2020

Savings with Ohm Energy

It is not uncommon to read of social media posts of friends mentioning about how high their electricity bill is going to be during this Circuit Breaker month as everyone will be stuck at home. The aircon will probably be abused while some might even experience internet lag as all the devices are sucking up the bandwidth and of course, electricity. 
 
You might have even read about netizens demanding for a month of free utilities because you know lah, we are pampered and we want to save money mah. I mean who doesn't? But with the energy market already opened, have you been paying a much higher price for electricity all these while? Well, it took me months of procrastination before I switched from SP Services to Ohm Energy and it was only after a friendly chit-chat with someone from their management.


 
Even so, I made sure I checked for promotions etc before signing up with them but alas, their promotions are all so short-lived and often fully redeemed really fast. The only extra savings left that I stand to get (or even for you) now, would be their referral scheme where the referrer and person signing up both gets $20. My referrer code is [OHMFREE20TPF] so you know what to do hor? After you get your own referral code upon signing up, you can then share your own code with your friends.
 
So why did I choose Ohm Energy?
 
To be absolutely honest they are not the cheapest around, but the difference is quite negligible if you compare prices based on similar plans and duration across the retailers. They also happened to be one of the only 3 retailers that got 4 stars our of 5 in the EMA customer survey. Kudos to them for a job well done.
 

The fixed price plan that I subscribed to, but they have a few other plans too.


Just for simple illustrations using my 12mth fixed-price plan with them, my Mar bill with electricity consumption of 890kWh is charged at 17.66 cents instead of SP Services' tariff rate of 23.02 cents. And that meant a savings of over $47 just for that one monthly, excluding GST!
 

 
And lastly, there is no change in your utility bills (except for the cheaper price!) and I can also continue to access the SP Utilities app on my mobile to get my bills, as well as track my usage and payments.
 
Same bill, same format, same accessibility with SP Utilities app, but at a cheaper price!
 
So why you should choose Ohm Energy?
 
Well if you are still sticking around with SP Services despite all the efforts by the different retailers to get you onboard, you should really just do yourself a favour and JUST SIGN UP with anyone else (but Ohm Energy if possible) to save money for the family. Go check out the price comparison tool by EMA here. All the providers have different price plans for you to choose from, not much unlike the telcos.


 These are the plans currently offered by Ohm Energy.

Anyway I strongly recommend Ohm Energy because I found them to be upfront and approachable throughout, and it was really easy to sign up online. They also have a free 3-month trial now. Lastly and shamelessly too, it is also because both of us will get $20 off if you use my code [OHMFREE20TPF]. To sign up, check out this link - https://www.ohm.sg/!

No comments :

Post a Comment