Friday, December 8, 2023

Why You Need Device Care?

I am a very pragmatic person, and I will try to save whenever possible. Even for shopping online, I also go through a few websites before deciding on which platform to use. The decision is quite complex sometimes, involving consideration of reward points, payment method discounts and coupon use etc. Even taking taxi/PHV I also go through that few apps to find the cheapest lor.

And for my mobile phones hor, usually I also use until the device jialat jialat or until my wife gets me a new one lah. But this is provided the phone is in working condition and why I say that is because, if you accidentally drop your phone at the fateful angle, you can say goodbye to the screen lah. Gorilla or godzilla glass also no use one hor.

So let me share what I have discovered recently with you!

We always assume that we will take good care of our devices but there is a reason why the word accident exists. And imagine the pain when you realize that you need to pay an exorbitant repair amount for your newly damaged device because your basic manufacturer warranty only covers defects in material, design and workmanship of the hardware components of the device as originally supplied. Meaning you damage, your problem.

Then even if you purchased extra care plans from the leading brands on top of that basic warranty, be prepared to face administrative charges or only discounts on out-of-warranty repairs lor. I checked and rechecked. Also hor, take note of a clause that might also exclude coverage that reads "Lack of reasonable care". How you define that is anyone's guess sia.

This is why I am going to introduce to you a company called Device Care that offers 3 different plans for you to choose from. Besides affordability, what I liked about their plans is that they do not come with any additional charges or admin fees when you claim! So you just pay for the plan and there will not be any more out of pockets expenses!

These are the 3 different plans that they have currently.

So touch wood, but using my current Samsung S22 Ultra as a simple illustration, the amount I would need to pay if I had accidentally cracked my phone screen and required a screen replacement within 12 months of purchase would be as follows -

So would you want to pay almost 10x more for a screen replacement?

The above is of course based off a simple case of screen replacement but as you can see, the price saving can be very considerable! Even though Samsung Care+ may provide multiple screen replacements throughout the period, but hor you can also repurchase Device Care+ as many times as you want within 12 months of your purchase lor. In a sense, it is like pay-as-you-use!

Hence I urge that you check the different plans available for your device, against what Device Care is offering first, before you make any hasty decision! You can have the peace of mind too, as all the repairs will be done through the brand’s authorised/ appointed repair centres!

Last but not least, the company is kindly offering 15% off all their plans now to our readers and you can simply use our code TPF15OFF (valid till end Jan 2024) at checkout. Be sure to insure your new devices against the unforeseen whilst they are still within manufacturers' warranty soonest possible for the peace of mind!

No comments :

Post a Comment