Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Dyson V10 Vacuum Cleaner, Worth It?

Keeping the house clean with a kid at home is tough work, and takes a good amount of energy, both human and machine. I do not know about you, but keeping the house clean with 5 little kiddos in it, is near impossible for me. But short of throwing in the towel (or vacuum cleaner), let me share with you on how using Dyson V10 had made our house-cleaning so much more "enjoyable"!

Louie thought it was his toy.



Ease of Use

Weight / Bulk -

How many of us are guilty of buying household appliances, only to get rid of them later due to low or no usage? I am sure we all do. I have heard of many examples from friends who had bought very sophisticated-looking (and very expensive) vacuum machines that ended up in the store room to be used once or twice a year. I have no doubt that they would probably perform really well, but you need to use them, for them to be useful!

He sure was happy helping me unbox the V10!

I mean if I were to dirty anywhere in the house and it takes me 20 minutes to get a cumbersome vacuum out from the box to fix it up just to suck up the filth, as opposed to a 5-min job to clean up the mess with a piece of cloth, it just doesn't sound too practical does it? No such problem with Dyson V10 for sure, as it is always plugged in and ready for action. At 2.5kg, it is also easy to handle with one hand!

Fixing Up - 

I had been using the predecessor of Dyson V8 Fluffy for over 3 years now and it was like deja vu when I unboxed the latest Dyson V10. All the parts were really simple and user-friendly and not unnecessarily complicated. It is almost intuitive when it comes to putting the parts together!

Just nice to get it fixed up to help with our spring cleaning!

Emptying the Canister -

For V8, one have to pull the lever up to release the catch and empty the rubbish whereas for V10, one needs to remove the attachment first, before pushing the red button down to release. Slightly different but still easy nevertheless.



HEPA Filter

My experience with my old vacuum cleaner prior with the Dyson cordless range were not too pleasant. The bulky corded machine uses vacuum bags that costs quite a bit. But if I get stingy and do not change as often as I should, the suction powers goes down by a lot. Not to mention the smell that I get sometimes, from the air that passed through the machine.

With Dyson V10, no such problem as the rubbish can be emptied easily after every use and with the HEPA filter inside that filters 99.97% of fine particles from the air, I can even freely breathe in without a care when using it!



Cleaning Power

I am absolutely honest here, I do have a helper who cleans the house the old way with broom hence the major cleaning is always done by her manually, and not using the machine. But I am really happy using the vacuum cleaner on my tiled floors on low / medium power whenever needed. Such as during this CNY cleaning! I never had to turn on full power since the dirt and mess can be picked up rather easily.

Louie loves the "boink boink" sound when he releases the trigger. 

I did use the powerhead on full power a couple of times when the kids decided to have biscuits on the sofa and left really small crumbs in between the fabric. I would imagine having to use that combination very often if my floor is carpeted! But so far, all is good and my wife is pleased too!

Some Cons

  1. The first thing what I thought about the cons, would be the fact that this machines is really quite expensive compared to other brands. You can check the prices for V10 here.
  2. I ever used V10 on full power mode because it just feels more powerful (even though I probably need not) and the machine died on me in just around 7 to 8 minutes if I can recall correctly. Hence the up to 60 mins run time is based on the lowest power consumption.
  3. It can also get a little hot when turned on full power as compared to V8
  4. The body is also a little bigger and heavier than V8 with its bigger bin capacity. I guess we cannot have it all!


Verdict

One can definitely make do with a cheaper vacuum cleaner, be it corded or not. But this is like the "holy grail" for all cleaning fanatics. Just like cars, why get a Chery when you can afford a Bentley, even though they both get you to your intended locations, albeit in different comfort levels. I am bias I admit. Now that I am so used to Dyson, I am afraid I would never love any other. My personal view is that the vacuum cleaner is definitely worth it in the long run!


Go check out and get your V10, as well as other Dyson models here!

No comments :

Post a Comment