Saturday, March 2, 2019

Matilda The Musical + Backstage Tour!

[Media Invite]

I took leave from work on the day of the gala premiere for Matilda The Musical so as to attend the media call, just because the invite included a backstage tour for the production! And it was definitely a leave well-spent! It was my very first time stepping onto the stage to explore the back and boy was I amazed!

From afar, it may look like a graphic sticker wall or something.

But look at all those details we got to see up close!

The black board is an important part of the production and appears in many scenes.

We also got to check it out onstage. 

Matilda singing "Naughty" on stage.

And me checking out the books and the bed on stage. 

The central nervous system of the production?

Covers every technical details of the show I guess?

It calls for a great amount of teamwork and camaraderie for any musicals to run smoothly and perfectly. And getting backstage to have a look at all the props gave me a pretty good idea how well the stage hands and performers had got to work together like clockwork, just to put up a great performance for the audience. Kudos to everyone in the team indeed!

The prop used during Matilda's storytelling at the library.

Hey look, the desks are all on wheels!

Makeup corner!

Trunchbull is not a lady (man) to be trifled with!


No one... I mean no one wants to go to the Chokey. But I threaten my kiddos with that nowadays! :)

Now back to the musical proper. As usual, this literature noob (me) had never read the story and would probably have trouble making out what some of the performers were singing about IF I had not attended the media call and read a little on wikipedia!


But as someone not from the arts scene, I can truly say that the choreography was really good! Catchy songs like "When I Grow Up" are still ringing in my ears, like an earworm and I can still recall the amazing performance by Matilda Wormwood (Sofia Poston) and the rest of the "students". 


It is definitely worth a visit to the theatre for this wonderful musical before it ends on 17 Mar 2018. A great chance to catch it without having to hop on an airplane! Thank you having all of us at the Gala Premiere BASE Entertainment Asia! We all super loved it!


Useful Information

Performance Times (now till 17 Mar 2018):
Tuesday - Friday: 7.30pm
Saturday: 2pm and 7.30pm
Sunday: 1pm and 6pm

Ticket Bookings:
Internet - www.MarinaBaySands.com/ticketing or SISTIC website.
Phone - +65 6688 8826
In Person - Marina Bay Sands Box Offices (Museum, Theatres, SkyPark, Retail Mall and Hotel Tower 1 Lobby). For more information please visit www.MarinaBaySands.com/ticketing

No comments :

Post a Comment