Thursday, November 5, 2015

Go-Karting at Kartright Speedway

[Media Invite]
 
Our first time at the go-karting tracks of Kartright Speedway.
It was yet another first for me and the kids last weekend! I had never tried go-karting before and I was probably just as excited as the kiddos. Sorry lah, I didn't even know there was one called Kartright Speedway just opposite SAFTI-MI, beside Arena country club. It was a pity that Stacci was underage and wouldn't be able to join in the fun though. As Steffi and Leroy were still below the legal age (10 year old) and height requirement (145cm), they can only ride in the 2-seater and be driven by an adult 21 years old and above. That would basically be, me.
 
Leroy couldn't wait to drive his own vehicle but too bad for him, he needs another 4 years plus a lot more height
We were given a briefing by the staff on the various parts of the car to familiarize ourselves with the gas and brake pedals and what are the do's and don'ts. I had too put shower caps on the kiddos for hygiene reasons and they squirmed at needing those. But I think the kiddos looked really cool with after they had their helmets on! We were then told that each session lasts 10mins and I thought to myself, WHAT? All the way from Ang Mo Kio to Jurong just for a short 10min ride? But well, anything for the kids and so off we went on the very first round with Leroy. 

He was also given an additional neck support coz he looked really puny!

Our car stalled almost immediately after the starting line because I failed to keep the gas pedal on and I needed help with restarting it. So embarrassing. The go-kart engine sounded almost like a lawnmower! It was loud and because there were two metal bars at the back of the seat, I kept banging my helmet against it. It had been ages since I last drove and I was basically holding on to the steering wheel with my life! The fun part was of course the turns and the kids would scream with joy when they felt the G-force. The two-seater is heavy and very stable. Turning at full speed posed no problems at all.
 
A wefie before my turn with Steffi!
After I was done with Leroy, I went for another 10mins with Steffi and finally it was my turn for the single seater. I can go up to 50km/hr with the single seater as compared to only 30km/hr with the kids. And so the hero in me decided to go faster this time and when I got on the 2nd turn I actually stepped lightly on the brake while still having my foot on the gas. The car suddenly felt so light and then I remembered that I was no longer in a 2-seater. Too late. I ended up spinning a few rounds before stopping and I bet the other racers must be laughing at me when they passed! From tiger, I became a cat after that, lest I had to pay damages for spoiling anything!
 
I finally got to try out the single-seater!
Ah... my models for the day after their rides, with the exception of Stacci who cannot try it out yet!
All in all I had 30mins of fun round the tracks, having to chaperone the two kids for their sessions too. This 30mins were indeed exciting, and really tiring as well! There were no power steering obviously and I am pretty sure I burn quite a lot of calories too during the sessions too. I never knew that there were 2-seaters for go-karting but the bonding experience with the kids was awesome and I have no doubt that the kids would have wanted to go for a couple more rounds! Good luck to you if you have multiple young kids like me. My arms are still aching as I type this, but it's good exercise for sure!
 
Here's a nice photo with Andy from SengkangBabies and his brood!
These are the special rates for their on-going SG50 promotion. But wait, quote The "Perfect" Father blog and enjoy even better rates!
Now might be the best time for you to try out go-karting with your young kids right here in Singapore! This is because Kartright Speedway has kindly extended a heavily discounted rate of $20 per session for both the single or 2-seater rides for our readers. All you need to do is to quote The "Perfect" Father blog, and it's valid for ALL timings (till 31 Dec 2015 only!). Please refer to their official page for more information on rental and other important things to note. 
 
A parting shot with all their kor kors before going off after our exhilarating rides!
Useful Information

Address: 511 Upper Jurong Road, #01-05, S(638366)
Telephone: +65 6265 3303
Operating hours: Weekdays 11 am - 7 pm ​and 7 pm - 10 pm (For Events Only), Sats 9 am - ​7 pm and 7 pm - 10 pm (For Events Only) while Sun 9 am - 7 pm

Happy kids with all the wonderful staff from Kartright Speedway!
I do not have any go-pro camera to take video, but you can check out some of the well-written reviews (with videos) from the other awesome daddies as follows -

SengkangBabies
Life’s Tiny Miracles

No comments :

Post a Comment