Thursday, August 16, 2018

Eye Fix at W Optics

Of late I had been noticing that I have some trouble making out the words that are too far away, even when I had my spectacles on. As if that wasn't alarming enough, I also realized that at times, I seemed to read the words off books or the computer screens better WITHOUT my glasses! I am not going to lie, I only visit the optical shop out of necessity. My reason there is simply to get myself a new pair of spectacles or to get my damaged one fixed. And whatever tests I had to take, was simply just to find out my degrees. I do not know of anyone who visits the optometrist on a regular basis, do you? Or should you?



Anyway I knew I really needed a new pair of spectacles and visited W Optics along with my wife on my 40th birthday! The outlet we went to, was the humongous 5,000 square feet flagship store of W Optics. The store was impressively spacious and totally different from all the optical shops I had visited so far, where the eye-test could be completed with just be a single machine set on top of the display shelf for the frames. It feels so relaxing to browse through the various brands (such as Ray-Ban, Gucci, Stealer and many more) on display, and explore the different types of lenses (Essilor, Zeiss, Ortho-K hard lens etc) in comfort. Take a rest on the many sofas available too, while waiting for your tests to be done.





The above is called the Essilor Nautilus VR Experience. Unlike traditional optical stores, W Optics Suntec flagship offers experiential and interactive zones. They have another area called the VR Vision Studio. While my motive there was to get new spectacles, we ended up trying out their new service, an eye examination named W EYExperience, which is recommended for customers over 40 years of age like ME! So instead of the usual single test at other optical shops just to make the prescriptive lenses, this comprehensive 30-min eye examination required us to go through 6 different tests that covered practically everything that has to do with our sight, so as to determine the health of our eyes. Given this level of attention and service, W Optics had certainly demonstrated itself to place customers’ eye health first and foremost.





The optometrists whom served us were very professional and patient in answering my many questions too. I love how they sanitized all the part of the equipment that our faces had to come into contact with, so as to give us the peace of mind. Was told that the total cost of the equipment in the test room is more than your average HDB flat! Sigh, although I have half-expected it, but it is still a little disappointment to hear that I already have minor presbyopia at my tender age of 40 and that my degrees had gone up a notch! Degrees can change drastically over a short period of time, especially for the young kids. Hence it is always a good idea to have regular eye checkups to ensure that your eyesight is not compromised.



The prices of spectacle frames at the outlet ranges from $90 (kids) and $160 (adults) upwards, whilst you can get the full comprehensive W EYExperience done at $80, or just the standard at $25. We know prevention is always better than cure, so why are we not making a regular health check of our eyes part of our routine? We are lucky that our eyes are healthy, but after going through this check, it really made me reconsider my nonchalance about my sight. It is no less important than my other senses for sure. Thank you for having us over W Optics, as well as for our Stealer spectacles with Crizal Eyezen + Crizal Transition Lens!

Note: This blog post is in collaboration with W Optics. We were provided with the eye examinations and spectacles for review. All opinions and photographs remains solely ours. For more information on W Optics, follow them on their Website or Facebook(Official hashtags: #WOptics, #WEYExperienceSG)

No comments :

Post a Comment