Sunday, May 11, 2014

Play Time should be Fun Time!



I love bringing the kiddos out for fun-filled activities.  Things like going swimming, sand play at the playground or even watching movies!  I am usually quite well prepared when going on outings, although maybe not as comprehensive as my wife, who will probably be covered for any emergencies.
One of our favorite activities, going to the movies.  But having to go for toilet breaks are no fun!
One thing that gets on my nerves most is having playtime interrupted by the kids’ need to answer the call of nature.  If there’s a toilet nearby, it would be a simple task.  The worst is when there are NO toilets anywhere in sight and when I have to handle a bunch of kids ALONE.  What I really don’t understand is how they can go from having NO need to visit the restrooms just before playtime, to “Daddy I really need to go NOW!” just 5 minutes later!

So the Tip 1 that I would like to remind parents before any  play, is to train the kiddos to EMPTY their bladders or invest in great diapers that can maximize playtime!  I don’t think kids would be happy playing in wet and heavy diapers!  My Stacci would definitely protest, as she would sometimes even go as far as demanding a bath after wetting her diapers!

It gets crazy when Stacci gets mad!
I remembered years ago I was out grocery shopping with my eldest, Steffi (who was probably 3 years old) when an accident happened.  She suddenly froze in the center of the shopping aisle and told me that she passed motion.  Who would’ve though a short trip to the supermarket would require a diaper change?   I was thinking to myself that it’s okay, at most she do without diapers for the time being and we make our way home fast.  That was when I noticed streaks of brown liquid dripping down both her legs!  She had diarrhea and the pull-up pants didn’t hold up to its promise.  It was a mad rush to the toilet to wash up.

So Tip 2, make sure diapers fit and that it is changed when full!  Anyway, semi-liquids are not well-absorbed by the diapers, just so you know.

Meanwhile, enjoy the playtime with your kiddos fellow parents and don’t ever let a diaper ruin the fun time!  Special thanks to Pampers Singapore for taking care of my little Louie’s diapering needs for the first 2 months!

With a Pampers round his waist, little Louie has no objections to raise!
This is a good form of exercise for daddies, but I recommend good diapers before trying. I had enough saliva on my face even with good diapers, can't imagine other liquids!


This is a good form of exercise for daddies, but I recommend good diapers before trying. I had enough saliva on my face even with good diapers, can't imagine other liquids! - See more at: http://blog.omy.sg/pampers-baby-dry/2014/05/11/play-time-should-be-fun-time/#sthash.3wsmH1wJ.dpuf

No comments :

Post a Comment